January 5

Posted on Jan 5, 2018

Happy New Years!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2018, and I’d also like to welcome the students back to school!

This week in science, we completed Unit 5 Lessons 1 and 2. We are learning about weathering, erosion, and different landforms. When we come back to school on Monday, we are conducting a science experiment about erosion.

In social studies we are on Unit 3 Chapter 5 Lesson 3. This week we have been learning about the climate in different places around the world. We have specifically talked about Alaska, Hawaii, Massachusetts, and Nebraska.

Book Mobile is this Friday, January 5, 2018.

Today, I showed the students a presentation on grit. Kindness has influenced our class for the first semester and I feel as though our class has a good understanding of what kindness is. Every morning we discuss a quote about kindness and write for ten minutes on a topic connected to kindness. Even though we are introducing grit, we will not leave kindness behind. I think kindness and grit are two very important qualities found in a student. After defining and seeing examples of grit, we are going to start self-reflecting on our own grit at the end of each day. Our grit will be focused mainly on our learning and working hard in school.

Have a great weekend,

Kaycee